I am a PhD student in the Department of Management and Entrepreneurship at the Imperial College Business School. I joined Imperial in 2019. Previously, I spent eight years studying and working in South Bend and Chicago.
Current research focus
- Ecosystems, governance, organizational design
- DAOs (decentralized autonomous organizations), crypto, public goods, commons
- Communities, collective action, social movements
Check out my collection of Resources for DAO & Crypto Governance Research
Wisdom and Knowledge of communities and crowds
Via blogs, Twitter, and other parts of the Web.
Academic Writing in Markdown
Markdown helps me focus on the writing rather than organizing and formatting. See how to set up your workflow for academic writing in Markdown.
Software/tools that I am currently using:
- Zettlr (Zettelkasten, best integration with Zotero: in-app look up citation, one click to open associated PDF)
- Obsidian (Zettelkasten, similar to Roam Research but offline. Local network graphs!)
- Roam-Highligher - Chrome Extension (great to taking notes on webpages and paste highlights in markdown)
- HackMD (Zettelkasten, GitHub integration, online collboration, publish, comments)
Research resources and tools
A growing database of research softwares(DEVONthink, Notion, Stata), research methods(rtweet, workshops, and online courses (CARMA).
- Inoreader (powerful automation tools to tag, highlight, and monitor keywords)
- Pandoc, Zotero & Better BibTex (citation & reference)
- Alfred, Keyboard Maestro & Better Touch Tools (automation)